Since Prez Schroeder supposedly reads this blog, let's ask him directly:
- -President Schroeder, did you have prior knowledge to Kelm's divine call to be a parish consultant?
- If so, did you approve and rubberstamp it? Are you and Kelm on the same page doctrinally and is he a WELS pastor in good standing?
- By the way, why are so many parish consultants needed? How many are there and wouldn't another one be excessive?
- Can't we find a congregation somewhere that needs extra shepharding and better use the talents these men were synodically trained to do?
- How about cutting back synod agencies at 2929 and making the best use of synod monies by trimming the fat?
- How about going directly to the good WELS rank and file and asking them what they think?
- Plan a "survey sunday" for every congregation and ask all members to answer questions and offer suggestions in their sunday bulletins. Maybe direct communication with the people could render some real solutions and put you and others there in the Milwaukee hierarchy in touch with all the members and not just the pastors or DP's. I digress.
- Back to Kelm, can you investigate this 'call' and see if another consultant is actually necessary? Can you report to the people what all the other consultants are consulting the parishes about? Can't remember the last time my congregation had a consultant or even needed one for that matter. I'm concerned that my offerings are being diverted to pay for padded synodical boards.
- Can you put my fears to rest?
Thank you for your consideration of these questions and suggestions.
October 5, 2008 12:20 AM