Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A few more thoughts

I have received several comments with some asking for some follow-up. Most comments are very positive. I will publish those that ask to be. A few comments wanting to speak to me offline about some of the issues I have brought up. I would simply ask you to drop a comment with your email so that I can contact you. I won’t publish the private comments. This is my first leap into the blogging environment so I’m doing my best to figure out this form of discussion.

I do appreciate your questions and will do my best to clarify when asked. I will let you know that most of what I have mentioned I do have first hand experience, and I understand that these situations are common knowledge amongst the clergy in the know.

I do want you to know that I am very sensitive to the commandments. Of course, I have been alerted to watch the 8th commandment. I will let you know I have communicated my concern with two district presidents involved in the situations I mention. One of the DPs asked me not to contact him again. From the other I didn’t receive a response. These were situations in which they involved me and were relevant to me. I am reminded of the Good Samaritan with the DP turning his head the other direction.

There are a few questions about Church growth in the WELS. I will try to give you my perspective. But I must take care of my day job first.

No comments: