A few posters have asked that Bailing Water address a different avenue of topics.
So I will open up the blog for topics of concerns and issues facing the
This link leads to Pres. Schroeder’s recent e-mail newsletter and is an attempt to begin filling the information void. Also, here are some news items from wels.net
- After consulting with the Synodical Council and the Conference of Presidents, I've asked all areas of ministry and synodical agencies to give me an opportunity to review plans for filling existing or new positions, even if they are funded by the current budget. I'm thankful to the Board for Parish Services for their recent decision to delay calling for a vacant position in the area of parish consulting.
- Communications Director Joel Hochmuth has been asked to prepare a comprehensive strategy to improve communications; this e-newsletter is the first step.
- The Ad Hoc Commission established by the convention to provide long-range plans for the synod's financial health will be appointed in mid-September.
- A sincere thank you to congregations and individuals that participated in recent efforts to send special offerings to support the synod's budget. Also, sincere thanks to congregations that have increased their Congregation Mission Offerings in response to appeals by their district presidents.
- September's WELS Connection was sent to all congregations. I would encourage all to use what has proven to be our most effective communication tool.
Let me know what you think are the pressing issues that need to be addressed or discussed.