Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The discussion continues

Anonymous said...
Please assure me we're not finished here. I count it a privilege to read the words of Fr. Pietrus Mons. I do miss the Motley Magpie.
August 27, 2008 5:02 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Wow! What?!? To Peter, at least, the OT priesthood and the NT priesthood of believers were different. He explains how the priesthood, which was limited to a few in the OT, now includes all of God's people in the NT. The OT priesthood was only a shadow, the NT priesthood of all believers is fulfillment.
August 26, 2008 10:17 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:17,

Pull out your Tappert again. All are priests, as Luther asserts, but not all are minister, again as Luther asserts. Sorry, I don't have a Tappert so I can't give you a reference. You can trust Tappert about as far as you can throw it, and I threw mine quite far one day. Maybe that's why I can't find it.The pastor stands in the stead of Christ (Gee, that was in the old wels hymnal's absolution, not anymore!). He mediates. It goes through him. The Aboslution, the preached Word, the Eucharist goes through him. Yes, people can say their prayers directly to God. But they also bring their prayers to church for the pastor to say. Mediation again.

To follow your line of reasoning, why every wels person could celebrate Holy Communion in his own house, without thought of ordination (an adiaphoron). The only thing stopping this according to the wels is good order. Ah, 1 Corinthians 14:40, the sedes doctrinae of tidiness.

Why do I torture myself like this!?! Cuz I like shooting fish in a barrel. Fr. Pietrus Mons

No comments: